Friday, January 3, 2014

January--A Lovely Year of Finishes!

Last year I wanted to participate in A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I actually did it for January, set a goal for February and that was that.  Hubby retiring for the military, moving cross country and all the changes and transitions totally derailed me!  I was happy when I heard the group was going to have another go for 2014.


I had planned to finish my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt for my January goal.  I was ready to go with it!
But, guess what?  Yea, we are going to move house this month!  We signed a lease on a new house on New Year's Eve.  I need something I can complete fairly quickly, and I really want to take my time with my Farmer's Wife.  So, Farmer's Wife next month!

For January I've chosen to finally, finally turn the Mod Mosaic blocks from Orange You Glad Bee into a finished quilt.  Shanna, of Fiber of All Sorts, one of the sponsors of ALYOF actually was in that bee and made one of these blocks for me.  I am pretty sure hers is the biggest one on the bottom of the stack! 


I'll be adding Kona Snow and Kona Ash for my background fabrics and binding.  

My blocks have already been trimmed up and are ready to go.   I am so eager to finish this one--Finally!!




9 comments:

Amy said...

You can do it!!

Sarah Craig said...

That's going to be a gorgeous quilt, Staci! I can't wait to see it!!

Newbie Jen said...

Oh goody! I can't wait to see what the quilt looks like.

lesleyworth said...

Love the bright colors, this quilt is going to be great!

Ranch Wife said...

Those mosaic blocks are amazing! Its going to look like stained glass. And I'm over the moon excited that you found a house!! Yay!!

Carla said...

This is going to be a great quilt, Staci! Congrats on the new house....how fun!

riddleandwhimsy said...

This is going to look really interesting. Good luck!!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Can't wait to see what beautiful quilt you will make with these blocks!!

Shawn Stephenson Schumacher said...

Look forward to seeing it finished! It is going to be beautiful!